Closing date is 8th August however we encourage early applications.
Salary range is £42,500pa - £72,500pa depending on experience.
We are looking for an experienced Software Assurance and/or Complex Electronic Hardware Engineer (CEH) to join our rapidly growing Digital Systems Assurance team.
Our current and emerging work streams will offer you the chance to use your technical skills to make a valued contribution to a wide range of systems engineering design and assurance projects.
We routinely work closely with Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs), industry primes and other design organisations, operators and in technology R&D.
We also work with regulators in the development of regulations and standards for novel and emerging technologies; as such, recent experience working within industry primes or OEMs is desirable but not essential.
The successful candidate will be able to work with clients (Industry Primes, MOD, Design Organisations, OEMs and Supply Chain) to provide software assurance support for new and in-service systems.
The work will be important and varied, with the majority, providing software assurance support within the civil and defence environments. Primarily this is focussed on providing assurance through the creation of safety and certification artefacts or assessment of compliance against regulations and standards.
The variety of projects is interesting and constantly changing across land, sea, and air, including new technologies like artificial intelligence / machine learning and autonomous systems.
With a strong technical background, the successful candidate will lead and manage projects and identify, develop, and capture new opportunities.
Demonstrable experience working within industry in software assurance, software/systems development, safety, autonomy, cyber-security, or machine learning roles is desirable.
• To support our clients in planning, coordinating, implementing, and managing safety critical systems design, software assurance and safety evidence.
• To produce, maintain and update the software assurance and configuration documents for a wide range of systems in line with our clients’ requirements.
• To lead software assurance projects including directing resources, schedule, and budget in line with our clients’ requirements. • To support the creation, collection, assessment, and dissemination of evidence to demonstrate claimed software safety properties consistently and effectively across the project.
• To support our clients in ensuring the availability of necessary evidence that software within various systems meets and sustains the requisite level of performance in line with contractual, legal, and regulatory requirements across a wide range of use cases.
The successful applicant will meet the following minimum requirements:
•Experience in managing software or CEH development programmes or providing software or CEH assurance consultancy.
• A good strong understanding of the systems engineering or software life cycle and design principles, particularly when applied to safety
• A good understanding of one or more standards such as DO-178B/C, IEC 61508 (or sector specific derivatives), IEC 60880, EN50128, DO-254, DO-278, Def Stan 00-056 and Def Stan 00-055.
• The ability to assess software processes, tools, and evidence for compliance against relevant standards.
• Knowledge and experience of safety assessment and analysis techniques and application across a variety of systems and platforms.
• Knowledge and experience of systems engineering with the ability to understand client requirements, unpack complex certification challenges and develop solution strategies.
• A good systems engineering perspective and a good appreciation of the system and platforms.
• Experience working with industry primes and OEMs is also desirable but not essential. It is to your advantage if you meet some or all the following additional requirements:
• A degree in a Safety, Engineering, Computer Science, Science or related subject; or similar experience gained through previous employment;
• Recent experience within Design Organisations, OMEs and/or their supply chains;
• Be CEng/IEng accredited or a desire to work towards it with mentored professional development;
• Project and technical management experience. We are looking for talented individuals, with a systems engineering mind-set and the ability to lead consultancy assignments; helping shape client needs, providing technical leadership and integration, and assuring the quality of our outputs;
• Understanding of appropriateness and equivalence across UK, European and International certification regulatory standards;
In addition, the applicant will need to display evidence of:
• Interpersonal and leadership skills;
• Written and verbal communications skills;
• Problem solving skills;
• Business acumen;
• Teamwork & good communication skills;
• Technical leadership. Within Frazer-Nash personal development is extremely important and as such successful candidates will have access to professional development opportunities, training opportunities and conference attendance.
Due to the nature of the work that Frazer-Nash Consultancy undertake, candidates will be required to undergo pre-employment screening and must be able to satisfy clearance criteria for UK National Security Vetting.
Using software to enable ‘what-if’ calculations of both obstacle crossing and barrier design
Frazer-Nash and Dstl worked collaboratively to improve decision making on asset deployment by using software to enable meaningful ‘what-if’ calculations of both obstacle crossing and barrier design.