Our people are at the very heart of what we do, they are the reason our clients work with us to solve some of their greatest challenges. At Frazer-Nash, we want all of our people to feel they belong and be confident in the knowledge that we value and respect the commitment they have made by entrusting their careers and expertise to us.
We are committed to fostering a working culture that brings out the very best in our people, regardless of their circumstances, identity or background. We want our people to be themselves, feel empowered to achieve their personal and professional goals, and know that we respect the unique value they bring to the company. In support of this, we encourage thoughtful behaviours and working practices to foster a collaborative working environment.
Frazer-Nash has been a key supplier to the Government defence departments for over three decades. We offer an extensive range of expert services to our clients which, has led to the need for further support in our Weapons Assurance team.
Successful candidates will work with clients (both direct to MoD and major Industrial Partners) to provide weapons safety support throughout the lifecycle of their systems, from concept through to disposal. The majority of our work is focused on providing assurance that defence systems are safe to introduce into and remain in service, in line with regulatory and legal requirements.
This role will work across a wide variety of defence acquisition projects across maritime, land and air domains, ranging from small equipment through to large and complex systems and platforms. When the need arises, there are a variety of non-defence projects for high hazard industries or products, e.g. space, dangerous goods etc.
The successful applicant will meet the following minimum requirements:
- You should have a degree in a relevant discipline or
- Experience of working in a weapons / OME safety role in the UK defence industry. You will need to demonstrate a track record of delivering pragmatic and operationally focused integration or safety solutions.
- Demonstrate an understanding of Weapon / OME safety across all defence sectors of Land, Sea and Air. Including safety policy and design standards, particularly DSA02.OME, DSA02.DLSR, DSA02.DRM, Military Aviation Authority regulatory publications, Def Stan 07‑085 and POSMS.
- Client management/stakeholder engagement skills.
- Have or be capable of obtaining Security Clearance.
It is to your advantage if you meet any or all the following additional requirements:
- Weapon platform integration.
- Safety Case development and management within the weapon, maritime, land and air domains.
- Experience on Independent Safety Audit (ISA).
- Commercial awareness and appreciation of business development.
- Previous experience in a Consulting environment.
- Chartered Status.
- Have or be capable of obtaining DV.