Our people are at the very heart of what we do, they are the reason our clients work with us to solve some of their greatest challenges. At Frazer-Nash, we want all of our people to feel they belong, confident in the knowledge that we value and respect the commitment they have made by entrusting their careers and expertise to us.
We are committed to fostering a working culture that brings out the very best in our people, regardless of their circumstances, identity or background. We want our people to be themselves, feel empowered to achieve their personal and professional goals, and know that we respect the unique value they bring to the company. In support of this, we encourage thoughtful behaviours and work to foster a collaborative working environment.
Frazer-Nash has been a key supplier to the Government defence departments for over three decades. We offer an extensive range of expert services to our clients which has led to the need for further support in our Naval Assurance team
Successful candidates will work with clients (both direct to MoD and major Industrial Partners) to provide safety support throughout the lifecycle of their systems, from concept through to disposal. The majority of our work is focused on providing assurance that defence systems are safe to introduce into and remain in service, in line with regulatory and legal requirements.
This role will work across a wide variety of defence acquisition projects across weapon, maritime, land and air domains, ranging from small equipment through to large and complex systems and platforms. When the need arises, there are variety of non-defence projects for high hazard industries or products, e.g. space, dangerous goods.
Experience in a variety of the following areas will be advantageous:
• Safety Management Strategy / System / Plan development
• Technical Assurance and Maturity Assessment of the Maritime CADMID cycle
- Design Substantiation
- Hazard Identification and Analysis (HAZOP, SWIFT, FMEA)
- Hazard Log Management
• Safety Case development and management within the Maritime Context
- Risk Assessment and Management and ALARP Assessment
- Safety Argument Structuring, e.g. Goal Structuring Notation (GSN)
- Safety Integrity Level (SIL) Derivation and Assessment / Software Safety Assessment especially within the Combat System.
- Design Substantiation
• Independent Safety Audit
• Regulatory Interface and Support eg DSA 02-DMR, JSP 430, JSP538, JSP518.
• Standards / Policy / Guidance review and update