Closing date for this role is 24th December but we would encourage early applications.
The role could be based in our Bristol, Dorking, Burton, Warrington or Glasgow locations.
Salary £30,000 to £50,000 per annum depending on experience.
We are looking for people with knowledge and experience of nuclear systems and their safety cases, to support existing and new UK nuclear projects.
Much of our work is directly in support of site, or facility, safety cases; we also undertake project support roles, systems engineering roles, and technical engineering support to safety-related nuclear systems.
This opportunity is for a candidate to develop their recent experience in, and be looking to take on, the following kinds of work:
- Project support, typically for safety case development and safety-related plant
- Safety assessment, risk assessment – hazard identification; fault schedules; design basis analysis; probabilistic analysis, safety functional requirements and qualification/ substantiation of systems against requirements.
- Internal and external hazards assessment, and supporting work.
- Document writing – authoring or reviewing/verifying safety-related documents.
Our people are at the very heart of what we do, they are the reason our clients work with us to solve some of their greatest challenges. At Frazer-Nash, we want all of our people to feel they belong, confident in the knowledge that we value and respect the commitment they have made by entrusting their careers and expertise to us.
We are committed to fostering a working culture that brings out the very best in our people, regardless of their circumstances, identity or background. We want our people to be themselves, feel empowered to achieve their personal and professional goals, and know that we respect the unique value they bring to the company. In support of this, we encourage thoughtful behaviours and work to foster a collaborative working environment.
Successful applicants will meet the following requirements:
- Degree (or equivalent) with an Engineering or relevant scientific bias
- Recent post degree experience of Nuclear and/or process plant.
- Some appreciation and understanding of the structure and development of safety cases, safety requirements and supporting analyses.
- Looking to develop into safety case work.
It is to your advantage if you have experience of any or all the following:
- Working with safety cases for nuclear reactors and related plant
- Formalised hazard analysis and risk assessment
- Assessment or qualification of safety-related systems
- Working within a consultancy environment.
- Involvement in large multi-disciplinary projects
Due to the nature of the work that Frazer-Nash Consultancy undertake, candidates will be required to undergo pre-employment screening and must be able to satisfy clearance criteria for UK National Security Vetting. Candidates will be required to be UK national’s who are resident in the UK to be eligible to apply.