Whilst currently delivering the Project Management Office (PMO) to support the UK Ministry of Defence (MOD) in delivering a multi-billion pound procurement project, we are keen to appoint an additional PMO Project Support lead who play a key part in the delivery of the project.
Working closely with Government and Industry partners, you will have direct involvement in a variety of PMO disciplines and work packages to support the successful delivery of the Procurement project. Working in this challenging and fast-paced procurement brings together numerous industry organisations and subject matter experts in a large and diverse team.
The PMO support the MOD Project Manager in the execution of various Project Controls, Governance and Project support activities.
The PMO Project Support Lead will be responsible for:
- Supporting the PMO Manager and leads in the continued delivery of PMO services within the project, covering Reporting & Governance, Planning & Scheduling, Risk Management and Project Support;
- Administrating the project Change and Configuration Management process, ensuring efficient and effective control over all project scope, documentation and planning artefacts.
- Tracking, documenting and resolving actions and decisions across the Project, Technical, Commercial and Legal teams;
- Managing the preparation and delivery of PMO briefs, status reports, chairing meetings and taking minutes/notes.
- Supporting the project team with day-to-day scheduling and facilitation of meeting and workshops.
- Providing ad hoc support to the project and commercial delivery teams during all phases of the procurement team.
- Contributing to Continuous Improvement activities within the PMO to keep improving services and project outputs.
The successful applicant will meet the following minimum requirements:
- Experience in working within a Project Management and/or Project Management Office environment
- Strong stakeholder communication and engagement skills
- Hold Security Clearance, or be willing to undertake necessary vetting to achieve clearance.
- Motivated and self-starting approach to working in large multi-disciplinary teams and confidence in communicating with stakeholders across varying levels of seniority
It is to your advantage if you meet any or all the following additional requirements:
- Project Management Qualifications (including Association for Project Management or Axelos qualifications – e.g APM PMQ / PRINCE 2 )
- Experience of using Scheduling Tools (Microsoft Project)
- Experience of working within an Engineering and/or Procurement and/or Defence environment
- Knowledge of the SATCOM domain