Closing date is 9th September but we would encourage early applications
Salary £55,000 to £72,500 pa depending on experience
Frazer-Nash have an established safety-assurance capability that is delivered by a number of technical areas within the business. We focus on delivery of high-quality safety-assurance expertise and services across the high-hazard / high-regulated sectors.
As a part of this we provide significant safety support to transport, energy, and other sectors deploying engineering, hazard management and safety case skills within key national infrastructure projects with great success. We are looking to expand capacity in order to meet strong market demand by recruiting talented individuals to further service the rail safety and nuclear safety markets.
We are searching for driven, self-starting safety consultants with substantial experience of the Common Safety Method for Risk Evaluation and Assessment as used in Safety Cases in the rail industry, but who are also credible in other high-hazard / highly-regulated sectors. Rail Safety experience in combination with Nuclear Safety Case experience is of particular interest. The successful candidate will be expected to take a technical leadership role in our Nuclear, Transport, and Fire safety group based in Burton-on-Trent and provide through life technical-safety support to our clients, in;
- Developing Technical Solution Strategies in response to client problems and requirements.
- Acting as a Technical Lead/Integrator responsible for coherent delivery of our programmes to our clients.
- Supporting business development activities through stakeholder engagement and managing key client relationships.
- Working within large, multi-partner projects to ensure successful delivery of key infrastructure projects.
- Leading or providing technical input to proposals/bid.
If you are excited about the prospects of working on high profile infrastructure projects in rail, nuclear and in other sectors, please submit your CV along with a covering letter detailing why you feel you’d be a good fit for this role.
Successful applicants will meet the following minimum requirements:
- Degree or Master’s Degree (or equivalent) in Engineering, Science, or Maths.
- Be Chartered (or working towards Chartership through an appropriate institution)
- Substantial experience in rail Safety Cases combined with credible Safety Case experience in other high-hazard sectors (e.g. Nuclear)
- Familiarity with key rail safety legislation and standards, e.g. CSM RA and CENELEC 50126, 50128 and 50129
· Experience of working within a consultancy environment.
- Experience of providing technical and / or project leadership.
- Experience in Nuclear Safety Case development
- A track record of working successfully with clients and developing new business.
Due to the nature of the work that Frazer-Nash Consultancy undertake, candidates will be required to undergo pre-employment screening and must be able to satisfy clearance criteria for UK National Security Vetting.