Closing date is 10th December 2021 but we would encourage early applications.
Salary range is £40,000 to £70,000 pa depending on experience.
The Defence Business Unit is responsible for developing and delivering business across the whole range of Defence-related work-streams, including Ships, Submarines, Land Systems and Air/Land and Joint projects. The Business Unit is responsible for developing business with clients and then delivering the work across a large range of technical skills. The Requirements & Acceptance (North) Group is part of the Defence BU, but the group delivers work for all business units, most notably nuclear/energy.
A senior Systems/Requirements Engineer, with experience of leading complex systems engineering and/or requirements engineering projects, is required to join the Requirements & Acceptance (North) Group to meet the significant workload currently being experienced by the Frazer-Nash Systems Engineering area. This role will see the successful applicant leading a range of projects, mainly in the Defence, Nuclear and Energy domains (but potentially in any field), working with and mentoring junior staff and contributing to the successful delivery of contracts to our customers. The work will entail leading and delivering projects related to User and System Requirements, Acceptance (including Verification and Validation work), Model-Based Systems Engineering and potentially modelling and architecture. The role will involve engagement with clients and Frazer-Nash Business Managers to deliver projects, identify future opportunities, develop enquiries and bids and winning the work.
The successful candidate will have a fundamental understanding of the systems engineering processes, requirements elicitation and management and acceptance principles, as well as experience of applying these skills within a complex technical environment. They will have experience of, and be interested in, developing business such that contract opportunities are identified, winning proposals are delivered and strong relationships are built with current and new clients.
The successful applicant will meet the following minimum requirements:
- Good understanding of all aspects of the V-lifecycle, User Requirements, System Requirements, interface management and verification & validation.
- Evidence of experience in elicitation and management of User and System Requirements, and associated Acceptance/V&V, within complex engineering projects.
- The use of Model Based Systems Engineering techniques in support of requirements development.
- You will demonstrable the ability to apply relevant Systems Engineering methodologies and toolsets (including experience of IBM Rational DOORS® software), as well as demonstrating that you are able to apply 'Systems Thinking' to problems at technical, project or enterprise level.
- You must possess excellent communication skills both verbal and written and have experience of direct client liaison.
It is to your advantage if you meet any or all the following additional requirements:
- An understanding of architecture modelling techniques, such as TOGAF/NAF, and tools would be an advantage.
- Previous exposure to a consultancy environment would be an advantage, but strong commercial understanding is essential.
Our people are at the very heart of what we do, they are the reason our clients work with us to solve some of their greatest challenges. At Frazer-Nash, we want all of our people to feel they belong, confident in the knowledge that we value and respect the commitment they have made by entrusting their careers and expertise to us. We are committed to fostering a working culture that brings out the very best in our people, regardless of their circumstances, identity or background. We want our people to be themselves, feel empowered to achieve their personal and professional goals, and know that we respect the unique value they bring to the company. In support of this, we encourage thoughtful behaviours and work to foster a collaborative working environment.
Due to the nature of the work that Frazer-Nash Consultancy undertake, candidates will be required to undergo pre-employment screening and must be able to satisfy clearance criteria for UK National Security Vetting. Candidates will be required to be UK national’s who are resident in the UK to be eligible to apply.